COVID-19: Protecting Our Front Line Staff And Minimising Risks of Transmission
Our thoughts are with everyone affected by COVID-19 during this unprecedented time. It's a challenging period for all of us.
Coca-Cola Amatil NZ is considered an Essential Business as we produce and supply beverages to supermarkets and other stores. This includes beverages such as water, juice, functional beverages and soft drinks.
In line with Government directions, we're ensuring we operate in a way that minimises the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
As an Essential Business, our people are working tirelessly on the front lines to keep our customers’ shelves stocked. Protecting the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and minimising any risk of spreading COVID-19 is a key focus.
We follow the guidelines set out by the Ministry of Health (MoH) on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for essential non-health workers as well as our own Health & Safety procedures. The guidelines issued by the M0H does not require all essential workers to wear face masks and gloves 100% of the time. While you might not see our people wearing face masks, we do have strict guidelines to ensure their safety and the safety of those around them.
Our compulsory PPE guidelines to our merchandising sales team are:
- Wash Hands: Please wash hands upon arrival at a store; before leaving a store; before and after eating; after using a backroom; coughing/sneezing or touching your face
- Physical Distancing: Please keep at least 2 metres away, always
- Sanitiser: We'll provide you with sanitiser for every shift. Please use regularly
- Protective Gloves: Gloves must always be worn on both hands when in store. Gloves must be changed after going to the bathroom or going between stores
- Sign in and Sign out: All merchandisers must sign in and out with store procedures and Amatil’s “sign in sign out” process to ensure we have a record or location for all staff. This may be requested by the MoH
- Safety Glasses and Face Masks: We have safety glasses and face masks available for any staff member who wants them.
If You Feel Unwell - in Market Protocols
- Face mask and glasses must be put on immediately
- Isolate yourself from others immediately
- Exit from the site immediately, make sure you sign out first
- Call your doctor or Healthline (0800 358 5453) and do not come into the workplace. After speaking to your doctor or Healthline, call or email your Manager and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discuss the outcome of your Healthline conversation with your Manager
Stay away if:
- You have a fever (37.9C or more)
- You have shortness of breath
- You have a cough
- You are sneezing or have a runny nose
Isolate yourself and call your doctor or Healthline (0800 358 5453) and do not come into the workplace. After speaking to your doctor or Healthline, call or email your Manager to let them know and keep us posted.
The COVID-19 pandemic is one of the most difficult challenges our country has ever faced. We are committed to working with Government, our stakeholders and customers to ensure the health, safety and well being of our people and communities. We are all in this together.