Skip to content

Indonesia & Papua new guinea

Overview

Our Indonesia & Papua New Guinea business is a leading sales, manufacturer and distributor of non-alcoholic ready to drink family products, including the iconic Coca-Cola range.

Coca-Cola Amatil Indonesia (CCAI) is a joint venture partnership between Coca-Cola Amatil and The Coca-Cola Company (TCCC). Coca-Cola Amatil has a 70.6% holding and TCCC the remaining 29.4% holding. The Coca-Cola Company is the world's largest beverage company, with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. Coca-Cola Amatil is one of the Asia-Pacific's largest bottlers and distributors of alcoholic and non-alcoholic ready-to-drink beverages, and one of the world's largest bottlers of The Coca-Cola Company range.

CCAI currently operates eight manufacturing facilities in Cibitung, Cikedokan, Bandung, Medan, Lampung, Semarang, Surabaya, and Denpasar. CCAI employs over 11,000 people and distributes hundreds of millions of cases of refreshing drinks to outlets across the nation.

CCAI, applies four key pillars as a parameter to guide its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Sustainability programs harmoniously. These are:

  • Protecting and preserving the environment
  • Providing assistance to develop economic opportunities
  • Maintaining positive culture and values among our workforce
  • Contributing to the social development of communities in areas where we operate.

CSR is embedded in the DNA of CCAI, as such it is a consideration in every business decision. Supporting the community, developing our workplace, building capability in the marketplace and being environmentally responsible is simply just good business. It provides a valuable return for today, but importantly a sustainable business model for the future.

For more information about community engagement, please visit www.coca-colaamatil.co.id/csr.

Coca-Cola was first introduced into Papua New Guinea in 1960. Today we have two manufacturing facilities in Lae and Port Moresby which create millions of moments of happiness for consumers and customers every day. Our product range in PNG includes sparkling, energy, water, cordial and juice beverages and we are constantly striving to improve the product experience offered by our loved brands.

The brands we offer in Papua New Guinea include Coca-Cola, Sprite, Fanta, BU, Nature’s Own Water, Golden Crush and Minute Maid. These leading brands continue to be part of every aspect of local lifestyle and celebrations. Coca-Cola continues to enjoy the top spot among the millions of Papua New Guinean consumers.

Our Papua New Guinea business employs more than 650 people and also supports employment in ancillary industries like transport, sea freight, raw material suppliers, adversary, consumables, machinery, and equipment services. Our range of products are offered to the consumers through a network of over 12,000 large and small customers around the 22 provinces of the country.

We are committed to the overall economic and social development of Papua New Guinea, by  consistent investment, capability building and community development.  We work closely with local communities on areas including water conservation, economic activity generation for women, malaria and tuberculosis eradication. Our partners on these projects include World Vision, the Australian Government and provincial government bodies. Coca-Cola's association with the South Pacific Games was one of several initiatives to promote active and healthy living in PNG.

Leadership

Kadir Gunduz

Managing Director, Indonesia & Papua New Guinea

Appointed to the role in October 2013, Kadir has had extensive experience within the Coca-Cola System having started his 25-plus year career with the bottler in his home country of Turkey. Most recently, as President and CEO of Aujan Coca-Cola Beverages Company based in Dubai, Kadir delivered impressive market and financial results through both expansion and organic growth in a number of markets.  Previously Kadir spent almost three years with Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company (CCHBC) in Russia, followed by six years with Coca-Cola South African Bottling Company (SABCO) in senior leadership positions, including General Manager, Tanzania, Regional Manager, SWA/Cambodia & Laos, and finally Division Director, Asia.

 

 

Facilities - Indonesia

Production facilities 8
Production lines 39
Mega Distribution Centres 3
Customers (approx.) 550,000
Employees (approx.) 12,000

 

Facilities - Papua new guinea

Production facilities 2
Production lines 6
Warehouses 7
Customers (approx.) 10,000
Employees (approx.) 670