Health & Safety
At Coca-Cola Amatil the safety and wellbeing of our people is a top priority. Our safety first culture strives to achieve and maintain a zero harm workplace. We invest in training our people in safe work practices where hazards are quickly identified and rectified.
We know that safety is everyone’s responsibility and our Group Health, Safety & Wellbeing Policy ensures we are working to the highest standards for all employees, suppliers, contractors and visitors, in keeping with our company values.
Our key objective is to create a culture of zero tolerance to harm and injury and we are committed to taking all reasonably practicable steps to delivering this. This includes:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining group-wide and site-specific health, safety and wellbeing procedures and programs, that aim to continually improve health, safety and wellbeing outcomes
- Proactively identifying and assessing hazards and risks to health, safety and wellbeing to eliminate or effectively control risks prior to work being performed;
- Providing and maintaining a work environment without risks to health, safety and wellbeing including safe plant and structures and safe frameworks of work;
- Ensuring the safe use, handling, and storage of plant, structures and substances;
- Ensuring the provision of adequate facilities for the welfare at work of workers while carrying out work for Coca-Cola Amatil;
- Ensuring the safety of contractors and visitors to our premises;
- Providing appropriate, information, training, instruction and supervision as is necessary to ensure
- workers can and do carry out their duties competently and safely;
- Ensuring all workers are aware of and comply with this policy and that all hazards, risks and any injuries are reported within our defined time frames;
- Providing opportunities for workers to participate in and contribute to the decision-making process on health, safety and wellbeing matters in the workplace and promote a positive health, safety and wellbeing culture through consultation, co-operation and co-ordination;
- Making adequate resources available to implement our health, safety and wellbeing policies, standards and programs.